Certificates of Merit
SWE-HA would like to invite educators in our area to submit names of students for the SWE Certificate of Merit and Achievement program. This program was established to honor female middle and high school students, who have completed three (3) years of science and mathematics with distinction. The SWE Certificates of Merit and Achievement may also be awarded for other outstanding accomplishments in math or science. Submission is limited to two names per school. Please note, the Certificate of Merit is a nonmonetary award. The award recipients will be recognized at the annual SWE-HA Student Scholarship and Awards Banquet in the spring. For questions, please contact email@example.com
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- 8th through 12th grade female student in the Greater Houston Area (Houston – The Woodlands – Sugar Land – Baytown – Conroe – Galveston).
- Completed three (3) years of science and mathematics with distinction.
- Only applications submitted by a school principal, counselor, math teacher, science teacher, or home-school educator will be considered.
Applicants must submit the application by Friday, March 17th, 2023.
SWE-HA Aspire Awards
The Science and Engineering Fair of Houston (SEFH) provides a unique and beneficial science educational service to public and private junior and senior high school students. Through the development and presentation of science/engineering projects, students enhance their abilities to:
- Make observations;
- Ask questions;
- Formulate ideas and procedures;
- Use complex and/or analytical reasoning skills to find a solution to a problem, and
- Effectively present their works to society.
The SWE-HA Aspire Awards are awarded to middle and high school female students as a special award through the Science and Engineering Fair at the University of Houston. SWE members serve as volunteer judges and select students who have a passion for their project. The recipient(s) are awarded funding to attend a STEM summer camp of their choice and are recognized at the annual SWE-HA Student Scholarship and Awards Banquet in the spring.
Target Audience: Junior and Senior Divisions (Middle and High School Female Students)
To learn more, check out the Science and Engineering Fair of Houston’s website: https://sefhouston.org/